Feeling a little festive, I decided to start my Christmas baking early, with something simple, but still tastes full of Christmas!
While looking for ideas on how to make a fruit mince ice cream, which I plan to serve for dessert this Christmas, I stumbled across recipes for fruit mince scones! Why didn’t I think that that?!
After reading these two recipes on the blog sites below, I decided to adapt my own, easy peasy, scone recipe.
The results were YUM, however there is room for improvement, so I will be playing around with this until I get them perfect.
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons castor sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup fruit mince (store bought)
1/2 cup (125 ml) of rooibos tea, cooled
2 teaspoons of milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Combine all the ingredients, except the tea in a bowl and mix lightly until just combined
- Make a well in the center and add 100 ml of the tea
- Mix lightly, the batter should still be sticky
- Add more tea if required
- Transfer mixture onto a floured board and press down slightly
- Use scone cutter to cut into rounds
- Place an prepared tray, brush lightly with milk and bake for 10 – 12 minutes